Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What's my style?

I have never really considered my work to have a "style". In my search for a definition I stumbled upon a few that might work. The first was "eclectic" defined as: A mix of elements, pulled together with purpose. Similar in style & scale, but most importantly, comfortable. While not a concise definition of my style, I thought it sounded like making a quilt?

The one that I liked the best is "Transitional". It is defined as: Combines both Traditional and contemporary elements using wood & metal with a few curves thrown in. The best part was no rules and restrictions when combining elements. The colors are drawn from nature, neutrals and pops of color. While I do like using rich bold colors in contrast to the neutrals, I find this a fairly accurate
description.

I always encourage quilter's to work in patterns and colors outside their comfort zones. I will always
try to do the same!