Monday, October 8, 2012

AQS Quilt Show 2012: Des Moines, Iowa

I just returned from Des Moines and vending at the AQS Show. I grew up in Iowa and it was nice to see the green rolling hills. Yes-Iowa was greener than Kansas! The quilter's came from all over to admire the beautiful quilts, take great classes and SHOP! The vendors offered everything a quilter could want. I brought back some yummy hand-dyed wools and are using them on two new patterns for market with my new fabric line.

Make sure you get on the email list so you will be the first to see all the new patterns and fabric line when ready. I just proofed the new covers this morning and I am sure you are really going to like the new designs. I have to admit getting ready for market with a fabric line has been a challenge. I have loved every minute I spent at the sewing machine, many days from 5am to midnight. It was worth it when I saw the covers.

I met a group of quilter's from Bronson, Iowa and they knew my Aunt Leola. I spent many summers and weekends in the country at Leola's house growing up and have the best memories of all those Christmas days spent in the snow. I do miss the snow! After they walked away I realized I forgot to tell them that I named one of my new patterns Bronson to honor those memories. 

Pictures of the Legacy Patterns booth at AQS Quilt Show
in Des Moines:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment